Are you looking to start your career within a diverse and well-established Company? Are you looking for an entry level position with the opportunity to progress and develop your career? We may have the role for you! An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual with an interest in accounts/accounting to join MGF Excavation Safety Solutions at our Head Office in Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan.
In this role you will assist with the work of the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Management Accounts teams whilst developing knowledge and understanding of the Company’s operations.
The role will include:
– Dealing with invoices received from suppliers
– Cash book posting
– Bank reconciliations
– Maintenance of registers for fixed assets, leases etc…
– Control account reconciliations
– Other month end procedures as required to enable the timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts by the team
– Customer account monitoring and debt collection
– Reviewing and processing of employee expense claims
The Core Skill Requirements of the role are:
– Strong academic background achieving good grades throughout education.
– Graduate or about to graduate with an Accounting/Business related degree (desirable but not essential).
– Good IT Skills and the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Ability to work independently and as part of team.
– Self-motivated to achieve deadlines.
– Good verbal and written communication skills.
Previous experience in an accounts/office environment and an interest in pursuing professional training/development would be desirable but not essential.
Although this is an entry level role, we would also welcome applications from candidates who have already worked in an accounts environment, and we will adapt the role to suit your level of experience. As such, this is a great role for any individual who is looking to begin or further their career in accounts with the opportunity for development and progression. We would also consider supporting the right candidate through professional qualifications (e.g., AAT/CIMA/ACCA).
Established in 1981, MGF is a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of temporary works equipment for the construction industry. We manufacture our own equipment, operate our own transport fleet and importantly have an in-house engineering team who produce design solutions to meet customers’ requirements. Employing over 400 staff, we operate nationally from 14 locations.
For more information, please visit our website (https://www.mgf.co.uk).
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Sue McCamley, at: email@example.com
Or by post :Sue McCamley
Ashton in Makerfield