Our North West depot based in Astley, Manchester is one of our most important locations and is now looking for a Depot Foreman to fulfil a key role.
If you are an experienced Foreman and have a can-do attitude and want to work in a rewarding and challenging environment in a company that is going places, then this job is for you.
As Depot Foreman you will have a pivotal role in the depot, ensuring the safe running of the depot and yard, in line with legislation, Company regulations, policies and procedures.
Reporting to the Depot Operations Manager you will need to assess priorities and assign task’s accordingly, ensure deadlines are met, train employees, and give instructions to ensure people work efficiently and effectively
You will be responsible for: –
- Ensuring all Health & Safety good practices are being adhered to.
- Organising and managing yard, workshop, and driver personnel, ensuring they work efficiently, effectively and safely.
- Maintaining the standard and quality of all the kit in the Depot, including all Mechanical Plant, FLT’s HGV’s, Vans, etc.
- Ensuring the presentation, testing and maintenance of equipment, plant and infrastructure is sustained.
- Maintaining and continuing the upkeep of yard premises and other working environments within the depot.
- Overseeing the storage, loading and despatch of equipment.
- Assessing damages and advising accordingly.
- Stock control and management, including organising stock takes.
- Accurate recording and managing all yard costs and expenditure.
- Liaising with team members and other departments and depots to ensure customer orders are satisfied and prioritising work to meet order requirements.
- Conducting Toolbox Talks and training sessions as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- People skills with proven ability to manage and motivate staff under your control, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong IT Skills (MS Word, Excel and proprietary database systems).
- The ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- Health and Safety knowledge with the ability to brief teams in safe working practices.
- A passion for quality and presentation of equipment and good housekeeping.
- IOSH Managing Safely Qualification (or equivalent) is preferable.
- A technical background with the ability to read engineering drawings, experience within a construction/ groundwork’s environment is preferable.
MGF is a very successful business specialising in the supply of excavation support equipment.
Established in 1981, MGF is a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of excavation support systems for the civil engineering and building industries. Our business is based on providing technical solutions to meet customer needs. MGF’s approach is to provide a one-stop shop for our customers, who range from small locally based sub-contractors to major multi-national contracting organisations.
We manufacture our own equipment at our Wigan based facility, and regionally operate out of strategically located depots. We are in full control of our service levels; we operate our own transport fleet and own one of the UK’s largest range of shoring and safety equipment.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Charlotte Crawford, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post :Charlotte Crawford
Ashton in Makerfield