Fabricator / Welder
We are currently looking for an experienced Fabricator / Welder to join our team at our Head Office depot in Ashton-in-Makerfield. Working in our busy Workshop, you will be performing skilled fabricating work during the manufacture, modification and repair of heavy steel.
Your main activities wil include:
- Fabricating, welding and manufacturing of all types of MGF Shoring Equipment from instructions and the reading of engineering drawings
- Perform high quality repairs on heavy duty steel equipment
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and steamline work processes
- Observe or monitor objects to determine compliance with prescribed operating or safety standards
- Visually inspect welding work to determine compliance with standards and current legislation
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping within your area
The ideal candidate:
- Two years’ experience of fabricating / welding heavy steel including UC, RHS, CHS
- Confident in manufacturing from technical drawings in accordance with BS EN 1090, execution class 2
- Take full responsibility of individual workload and be able to prioritise
- Work independently whilst operating as a team
- Be flexible and willing to work on a variety of assignments
In addition to a competitive wage, you will also receive:
- Full Time permanent work
- Immediate start
- Usually working hours Monday – Friday (working days)
- 40 hours guaranteed
- Weekly paid
- Security of working for a well-established & growing Company
If you are an experienced Fabricator / Welder with the required skills and would like to work for a well-established company, we are looking for individuals like you.
MGF is a privately owned, independent Company which has been established for over 35 years. We are a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of excavation support systems for the civil engineering and building industries. Employing over 380 staff, we operate nationally from 10 locations and have an established reputation of providing total service to our customers.
To apply please submit your CV to Joe Jenkins at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe Jenkins at MGF Ltd, Grant House, Lockett Road, Ashton in Makerfield, Wigan. WN4 8DE.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Joe Jenkins, at: email@example.com
Or by post :Joe Jenkins
Ashton in Makerfield