Hire Desk Controller
With continued growth of our newest depot, based at Houstoun Industrial Estate, Livingston, we are looking to recruit more team members.
We have an established reputation of providing total service to our customers. We are now looking to expand further that service in our first depot based in Scotland and have a number of exciting opportunities available including a Hire Desk Controller.
As a Hire Desk Controller your main responsibility will be to provide an efficient and effective general administrative service to the Hire Desk.
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager, the responsibilities of this position are:
- Receiving orders and request for collections / off hires
- Dealing with enquiries and converting them into hires
- Planning of transport for deliveries and collections, including coordinating transport
- Calculation and supply of quotes
- Dealing with damages, calculating costs, liaising with customers regarding damages and ensuring payment is received.
The core skill requirements of this role are:
- Educated to Scottish Highers / ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent
- A professional manner with good communication and people skills
- PC literate with experience of Microsoft Systems
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Local area knowledge for the depot areas served
- Motivated self-starter with good administration, time management and organisation skills
We are seeking a team player with a flexible approach who is capable of prioritising a varied workload. Experience in the Shoring Industry would be desirable although it would be essential to have a Plant Hire background.
Established in 1981, MGF is a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of excavation support systems for the civil engineering, utilities and construction industries. We manufacture our own equipment, operate our own transport fleet and importantly have an in-house engineering department who produce design solutions to meet customers’ requirements. Employing over 400 staff, we operate nationally from 14 locations.
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Sue McCamley, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post :Sue McCamley
Ashton in Makerfield