Hire Desk Controller
MGF are currently seeking to recruit a Hire Desk Controller to join the Hire Desk team at our Tring Depot.
Reporting to the Depot Manager, you will provide an efficient and effective service on the Hire Desk to assist the team with their activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with enquiries and converting them into hire business;
- Receiving orders (On-hires) and requests for collections (Off-hires);
- Planning of transport for deliveries and collections;
- Calculation and supply of quotes;
- Dealing with damages including calculating costs and liaising with customers;
- Develop and maintain an understanding of our product range;
- General administration support to the team, including filing, photocopying, research and producing correspondence;
- Proactively work with all departments and colleagues across the range of functions to ensure we deliver the highest level of customer service on a consistent basis;
- To receive and assist visitors as required;
We are seeking a team player with a flexible approach who is capable of prioritising a varied workload.
The core skill requirements of this role are:
- Educated to ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent
- A professional manner with good communication and people skills
- PC literate with experience of Microsoft Systems
- Ability to prioritise work load and work to tight deadlines
- Local area knowledge for the depot areas served
- Motivated self-starter with good administration, time management and organisation skills
With a sense of family at the core of our company culture, MGF is a well-established business and as we continue to grow, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. We offer a competitive salary together with opportunities to develop your skills to build and progress your career with MGF. Employees enjoy a range of benefits:
- Option to purchase additional days of annual leave
- Additional annual leave awarded to recognise long service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Training & development – online, in house, external providers and hands on practical experience
- Continual Professional Development including funded membership to a professional institute / body
- Award and recognition initiatives
- Discretionary bonus scheme based on business performance
- Shutdown over the Christmas period
- Refer a friend scheme
- Free on-site parking
MGF is a privately owned independent company specialising in the supply of excavation support equipment to the construction industry through hire and sale. Our strategy is to provide a comprehensive service to our customers. This is achieved through continuous investment in our products, infrastructure, processes and people to achieve long term sustainable growth. Employing over 450 staff, we operate nationally from 14 locations.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Nicole Cameron , at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post :Nicole Cameron
Ashton in Makerfield