Hire Desk Manager
MGF is a very successful business specialising in the supply of excavation support equipment.
Established in 1981, MGF is a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of excavation support systems for the civil engineering and building industries. Our business is based on providing technical solutions to meet customer needs. MGF’s approach is to provide a one-stop shop for our customers, who range from small locally based sub-contractors to major multi-national contracting organisations.
We manufacture our own equipment at our Wigan based facility, and regionally operate out of strategically located depots. We are in full control of our service levels; we operate our own transport fleet and own one of the UK’s largest range of shoring and safety equipment.
Our London depot based in Dartford, Erith is one of our most important locations and is now looking for a Hire Desk Manager to fulfil a key role within our Hire Desk team.
If you are an experienced Hire Desk person or worked in a Plant hire environment and have a can-do attitude and want to work in a rewarding and challenging environment in a company that is going places, then this job is for you.
As Hire Desk Manager you will be part of and lead a dynamic and busy hire desk team, ensuring all enquiries from our sales team or directly from our customer are processed efficiently and in line with our high standards.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will need to have the ability to juggle multiple enquiries at any one time and present exemplary customer facing communication skills.
training will be provided for all areas where necessary.
- Overall Man-Management of a busy hire desk team ensuring the following but not limited to tasks are completed to a high standard
- Dealing with enquiries and converting them into hire business
- Receiving orders (On-hires) and requests for collections (Off-hires)
- Producing quotations. (Using our inhouse purpose developed database system)
- Dealing with damages including calculating costs and liaising with customers
- Contribute to the coordination of transport for deliveries and collections
- Ensure you and your team maintain an up to date understanding of our product range
- To ensure visitors are assisted as required
- Liaising effectively with our sales team and other depots
- Ensure general administration by the hire desk team, including filing, photocopying is in accordance with our inventory and business management systems
- Proactively work with all departments and colleagues across the range of functions to ensure we deliver the highest level of customer service on a consistent basis
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Several years’ experience in a similar plant or hire desk environment
- A manager who can manage team performance
- A professional manner with good communication and people skills
- Someone who is organised and enjoys leading and working in a busy team
- Diligence and have an eye for detail
- Strong IT Skills (MS Word, Excel and proprietary database systems)
- The ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Someone who is prepared to learn our extensive product range and develop exemplar customer service standards
- Local area knowledge for the depot areas served
- Someone who wants a challenging role and be part of a progressive company
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Charlotte Crawford, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post :Charlotte Crawford
Ashton in Makerfield