MGF are currently seeking to recruit an IT Apprentice to join the IT Support Team at our Head Office in Ashton-in-Makerfield.
As an IT Apprentice, your main responsibility will be to provide efficient and effective assistance to the IT team. Primarily you will be responsible for assisting with the support, administration and maintenance of IT systems and liaising with colleagues within the department and other departments around the business to support and develop functions with technical improvements. The Company will support the successful candidate in working towards an NVQ.
Reporting directly to the IT Support Team Leader, the responsibilities of this position are:
- Providing in house repairs
- Remote and telephone support for internal customers
- Provide support and installation of equipment at depots, installing and configuring PC’s, printers, etc
- Logging of support and service requests
- Carrying out administrative tasks – inventories, stock management, etc.
- Assisting with the coordination and implementation of office moves
- Providing the business with the required level of service and support on existing systems
- Keep abreast of technical advancements in the field to maximise potential
- General administration support to the IT team
The core skill requirements of this role are:
- Good practical skills
- Logically minded
- A genuine understanding and keen interest in IT systems with the desire to follow this career route
- Strong organisation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent (including Maths and English)
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Willingness to learn and take up new challenges
We are seeking a team player with a flexible approach who is capable of prioritising a varied workload.
Full training will be provided to the successful applicant.
MGF Ltd is a rapidly expanding, market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of proprietary excavation and structural support systems to the Construction Industry. Established in 1981, MGF employ over 400 staff at 14 locations nationwide. We are a highly respected sector leader, providing state of the art solutions. We have a passion to provide a total service to our customers. We manufacture our own equipment and operate our own transport fleet. For more information about our Company and the exciting things we do, please visit our website www.mgf.co.uk.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society. All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Joe Jenkins, at: email@example.com
Or by post :Joe Jenkins
Ashton in Makerfield