1st / 2nd Line IT Support Technician
MGF are currently seeking to recruit a 1st/2nd Line IT Support Technician to join the IT Support team at our Head Office in Ashton-in-Makerfield. Reporting to the IT Team Leader, your role will involve providing end user support and assisting the IT Team Leader in providing, monitoring, and maintaining the ICT infrastructure for the Company.
- Logging, prioritising, and triaging incoming incidents
- Providing 1st/2nd line diagnosis and questioning
- Owning and resolving incidents which can be resolved
- Providing remote and telephone support to end users
- Providing updates and information on major incidents to the business
- Providing technical support for all ICT systems
- Escalating incidents to the appropriate internal 3rd line or external vendor
- Installing systems
- Minimum of one years’ experience in a similar role,
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator or equivalent qualification/ experience is desirable, but not essential,
- Experience of supporting Windows 10, Server 2016/2019, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Office 365, TCP/IP networks, firewalls
- A professional manner with good communication and people skills,
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets,
- Strong organisation skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Customer focussed,
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn,
- Strong team player.
- Option to purchase additional days of annual leave
- Additional annual leave awarded to recognise long service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Training & development – online, in house, external providers and hands on practical experience
- Continual Professional Development including funded membership to a professional institute / body
- Award and recognition initiatives
- Discretionary bonus scheme based on business performance
- Shutdown over the Christmas period
- Refer a friend scheme
- Free on-site parking
If you are an IT Support Technician looking for a wide-ranging role to increase their skills and experience in a small team where you can make a real difference and would like to work for a well-established company, we are looking for individuals like you!
MGF is a privately owned independent company specialising in the supply of excavation support equipment to the construction industry through hire and sale. Our strategy is to provide a comprehensive service to our customers. This is achieved through continuous investment in our products, infrastructure, processes and people to achieve long term sustainable growth. Employing over 400 staff, we operate nationally from 14 locations.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Joe Jenkins, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post :Joe Jenkins
Ashton in Makerfield