Lifting and Safety Engineer
MGF are looking to recruit a Lifting and Safety Engineer at our busy depot in Astley, Manchester to carry out the testing, maintenance, repair, and safety of our equipment.
As a Lifting and Safety engineer, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the MGF regional lifting and safety centre and the upkeep of all lifting and safety equipment along with certification. Reporting to the Northern Lifting and Safety Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- The co-ordination and day to day running of the internal Lifting and Safety centre.
- Preparation, checking, inspecting, recording, and testing of MGF lifting equipment to LEEA Standard, LOLER and PUWER legislation ready to supply to depots as and when required. This is to include all lifting and handling equipment such as lifting chains and shackles.
- Preparing Safety Equipment i.e. Assembling/ Sorting & Testing
- Carry out fault finding procedures, repairing any defects found and restoring equipment to a safe working condition.
- Prioritising work to meet depot requirements
- Produce reports to present and discuss findings to our network of depots.
- Issue of test certificates to equipment on completion of successful testing
- The cleanliness and housekeeping within your area
- Monitoring hire fleet stock levels for the region and advising on any overall shortfalls in kit and components.
The core requirements of this role are:
- Experience in training Lifting and Safety Inspections.
- A LEEA Qualification.
- Training in LOLER regulations.
- Experience operating to LOLER regulations.
- Experience of inspecting/testing of Lifting and Safety Equipment.
- A professional manner with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- PC literate with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
In addition to a competitive wage, you will also receive:
- Guaranteed hours every week
- Option to purchase additional days of annual leave
- Additional annual leave awarded to recognise long service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Opportunities for training, development, and career progression
- Award and recognition initiatives
- Discretionary bonus scheme based on business performance
- Security of working for a well-established & growing company
- A sense of family is at the core of our company culture
- Shutdown over the Christmas period
- Refer a friend scheme
- Free on-site parking
MGF is a privately owned, independent Company which has been established for 40 years. We are a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of excavation support systems for the civil engineering and building industries.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Charlotte Crawford, at: email@example.com
Or by post :Charlotte Crawford
Ashton in Makerfield