MGF are looking to recruit a Lifting Technician at our busy depot in Astley, Manchester to carry out Inspection, Servicing, Maintenance and Certification of the equipment in the lifting depot network, by maintaining the hire fleet to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations.
As Lifting Technician, you will have responsibility for the testing, adjusting, maintenance and certification of MGF’s lifting equipment. Based at our Astley depot and reporting to the National Lifting Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Coordination and day to day running of the internal Lifting centre.
- Preparation, checking, inspecting, recording, and testing of MGF lifting equipment to LEEA standard, LOLER and PUWER legislation ready to supply to clients and depots as and when required.
- Carry out fault finding procedures, repairing any defects found and restoring equipment to a safe working condition.
- Prioritising work to meet depot requirements.
- Produce reports to present and discuss findings to our network of depots.
- Issue of test certificates to equipment on completion of successful testing
- Responsible for the cleanliness and housekeeping within your area
- Monitoring hire fleet stock levels for the region and advising on any overall shortfalls in kit and components.
- Inspecting, repairing, and maintaining a varied range of hire fleet equipment including chain blocks, genie lifts, and vacuum handling machines
The ideal candidate will have;
- Experience working as a Lifting Engineer within a busy hire depot environment is essential
- A LEEA Qualification is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in the inspection of lifting equipment in accordance with LOLER and PUWER.
- Grinding experience.
- A professional manner with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- PC literate with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Driving licence.
In addition to a competitive wage, you will also receive;
- Full time permanent work
- Immediate start
- Usual working hours Monday – Friday (working days)
- 40 hours guaranteed & opportunity for regular overtime
- Weekly paid
- Security of working for a well-established & growing Company
- Extensive Health and Safety Training
- Opportunity for advancement
MGF is a privately owned, independent Company which has been established for 40 years. We are a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of excavation support systems for the civil engineering and building industries.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Joe Jenkins, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post :Joe Jenkins
Ashton in Makerfield