Regional Manager (South East)
MGF is a very successful business specialising in the supply of excavation support equipment.
Established in 1981, MGF is a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of excavation support systems for the civil engineering and building industries. Our business is based on providing technical solutions to meet customer needs. MGF’s approach is to provide a one-stop shop for our customers, who range from small locally based sub-contractors to major multi-national contracting organisations.
We manufacture our own equipment at our Wigan based facility, and regionally operate out of strategically located depots. We are in full control of our service levels; we operate our own transport fleet and own one of the UK’s largest range of shoring and safety equipment.
Our South East business is serviced from our London depot based in Dartford, Erith and our Hertfordshire based depot in Tring, it is further supported from our extensive national network of operating centres within the UK. This region is significant within the MGF Group and we are now looking for a proven professional to fill the role as Regional Manager to lead this region to continued success and sustainable growth.
If you have a proven successful track record of managing multiple businesses across a large geographical area and can demonstrate a desire to embrace our can-do culture and work with us to exceed our customer expectations, then this opportunity is for you.
As Regional Manager you will have full responsibility for leading dynamic and busy business units, ensuring all operational and commercial activities are performed to the highest standards.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will need to have the ability to work autonomously whilst ensuring that the values and business expectations are fully adhered to.
You must have excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple teams and actively support and progress their development promoting a continuous improvement ethos.
This role will suit a self-motivated professional looking for a new challenge and can envisage business improvement opportunities and embrace a purposeful desire to work collaboratively to achieve them.
You will have overall responsibility for managing our South-East region.
You will be responsible for but not limited to:
- The health and safety of your teams and others who may be affected by their acts.
- Leading growth of existing businesses and establishing new opportunities.
- Ensure operational and commercial activities are effectively and efficiently aligned.
- Performance-manage your operational and sales teams ensuring individual development, longer term succession planning and execution of day-to-day activities are to the highest standards.
- Accurate monitoring of business performances and provide accurate and timely information as required by the Company.
- Demonstrate and maintain an understanding of our customer base and product range in order to sell key benefits to customers.
- Work in conjunction with other Regional Managers to ensure a uniform approach across the business in terms of sales activities and standards of service.
- Ensure that all administration standards are met and constantly strive to improve efficiencies and procedures where possible.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Operational and commercial astuteness, capable of delivering sustainable growth.
- A proven track record of managing a business within the construction Industry or construction hire service sector.
- A Degree qualified professional with a minimum of 7 years’ experience within a Senior Management position.
- Experience identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Extensive experience in performance management of their teams.
- Capable of engaging effectively at all levels within the business and wider construction industry.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- Someone who wants a challenging role and be part of a progressive company.
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Sue McCamley, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post :Sue McCamley
Ashton in Makerfield