Stock Inventory Manager
MGF is a very successful business specialising in the supply of excavation support equipment.
Established in 1981, MGF is a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of excavation support systems for the civil engineering and building industries. Our business is based on providing technical solutions to meet customer needs. MGF’s approach is to provide a one-stop shop for our customers, who range from small locally based sub-contractors to major multi-national contracting organisations.
We manufacture our own equipment at our Wigan based facility, and regionally operate out of strategically located depots. We are in full control of our service levels; we operate our own transport fleet and own one of the UK’s largest range of shoring and safety equipment.
Our London depot is based in Dartford, Erith, it is further supported from our extensive national network of operating centres within the UK. This depot is a significant contributor within the MGF Group, and we are now looking for a proven professional to fill the role as Stock Inventory Manager to lead this depot to continued success and sustainable growth.
If you have a proven successful track record of managing a business in a demanding industrious environment servicing our London customer base and can demonstrate a desire to embrace our can-do culture and work with us to exceed our customer expectations, then this opportunity is for you.
As Stock Inventory Manager you will have full responsibility for ensuring that the depot equipment from end to end is diligently managed. This will be carried out in a dynamic and busy business unit, ensuring all stock management processes are fully adhered to.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager you will need to have the ability to work autonomously as well as being a team player whilst ensuring that the values and business stock management expectations are fully adhered to.
You must have excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage a busy team and actively support and progress their development promoting a continuous improvement ethos.
This role will suit a self-motivated professional who is process driven and has a keen eye for detail and is looking for a new challenge and can envisage business improvement opportunities and embrace a purposeful desire to work collaboratively within the depot team to achieve them.
Overall responsibility for the quantitative, quality and status of our extensive Dartford depot inventory ensuring availability and snap shot accuracy of equipment on our inventory management system.
You will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Ensuring all processes are implemented and adhered to, to ensure the quantity, quality and status of equipment.
- Work closely with our Hire Desk team to support the prompt processing of orders
- Adopt an ownership approach to maintaining the accurate data entry onto inventory management system to promote transparency within the depot and wider business
- Working closely with depot operations team to ensure inspection and repair of equipment is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure all out and inbound equipment is processed correctly
- Ensure that all company stock management processes are followed ranging from day-to-day transactions to wider company stock control activities.
- Working with Senior Operations Manager to review and report on ongoing stock levels to ensure a proactive approach to maintaining depot stock levels.
- Drive the standards needed to ensure end to end stock management within the depot ensuring it meets the standards expected by the company.
- Provide prompt inspection and reports on damaged equipment to enable damage notifications to be raised.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working with comprehensive business processes
- Experience of working in a logistical environment and using inventory management systems
- Certification in quality control
- HND in Construction or Engineering discipline or similar high level qualification
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience in a similar role preferred
- Ability to learn new products quickly or follow technical guidance documents.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Carol Hutchinson, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post :Carol Hutchinson
Ashton in Makerfield