Welder / Fabricator Apprentice
MGF are currently seeking to recruit A Welder / Fabricator Apprentice to join the Manufacturing Team at our Head Office in Ashton-in-Makerfield.
As a welder/ fabricator apprentice, your main responsibility will be to provide efficient and effective assistance to the manufacturing team. The Company will support the successful candidates in working towards a Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship Standard Level 3.
MGF is a privately-owned independent company specialising in the supply of excavation support equipment to the construction industry through hire and sale. Our strategy is to provide a comprehensive service to our customers. This is achieved through continuous investment in our products, infrastructure, processes and people to achieve long term sustainable growth. Employing over 400 staff, we operate nationally from 14 locations.
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing manager, the responsibilities of this position are:
- Assisting with fabrication and manufacturing of all types of MGF Shoring Equipment from instructions and the reading of engineering drawings.
- Assisting with performing high quality repairs on heavy duty steel equipment
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline work processes.
- Observe or monitor objects to determine compliance with prescribed operating or safety standards.
- Visually inspect fabrication work to determine compliance with standards and legislation.
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping within your area.
The core skill requirements of this role are:
- Good practical skills
- Logically minded
- A genuine understanding and keen interest in engineering with the desire to follow this career route
- Strong organisation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent (including Maths and English)
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Joe Jenkins, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post :Joe Jenkins
Ashton in Makerfield