Yard Operative - Structural Support Solutions
Established in 1981, MGF is a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of excavation support systems for the civil engineering, utilities and construction industries. We manufacture our own equipment, operate our own transport fleet and importantly have an in-house engineering department who produce design solutions to meet customers’ requirements.
In line with our ambitious growth plans and commitment to customer service MGF have launched a new range of structural support products. Our new business, MGF Structural Support Solutions is based at Birchwood, Warrington and we are now looking to extend the service we offer with a dedicated depot based in Livingston, West Lothian.
Your key responsibilities may include;
- Preparing equipment i.e. assembling, sorting and testing,
- Assisting in loading / unloading of Company vehicles,
- Sorting, identifying and recording damages,
- Racking and stacking equipment,
- Driving Fork Lift Trucks (Training provided if applicable),
- Driving of the Company transit and small connect van for ad hoc and small deliveries.
For applicants with technical knowledge and a desire to progress, there may be opportunities to advance into other areas of the business once they have become familiar with the equipment.
The core requirements of the role are;
- Experience within a busy yard environment
- Experience with both mechanical and motorised tools
- Good appreciation of Health & Safety
- Experience of working in a team environment
- A FLT licence would be an advantage but not essential
In addition to a competitive wage you will also receive:
- Full time permanent work
- Immediate start
- Usual working hours Monday – Friday (working days)
- 40 hours guaranteed
- Weekly paid
- Security of working for a well-established & growing Company
- Extensive Health and Safety Training
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme based on business performance
- Additional annual leave awarded to recognise long service
- Free on-site parking
Employing over 390 staff, we operate nationally from 14 locations and have an established reputation of providing total service to our customers. If you are an experienced Yard Operative with the required skills, and would like to work for a well-established company we are looking for individuals like you.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Carol Hutchinson, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post :Carol Hutchinson
Ashton in Makerfield