Regional Engineer (South East)
We have an exciting opportunity in the South East. The expanding Regional Engineering Team are recruiting for an ambitious experienced Engineer.
As a Regional Engineer, you will provide a key link between the engineering and commercial functions. Your goals will be the development of business relationships, attending meetings, understanding, and managing key projects, presenting to customers and the preparation / checking of temporary works designs. There will be opportunities to work in different sectors and key projects/frameworks such as HS2 and AMP7.
At MGF we add real value to our customers projects by being on hand to provide technical support on site and through early engagement – embracing the use of digital technologies to achieve this during the recent COVID19 pandemic. We actively contribute to the continuous development of temporary works methods and best practice through playing a leading role in the Temporary Works Forum (TWf) and the Shoring Technology Interest Group (STIG) in addition to raising temporary works awareness through the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
Reporting to the Regional Engineering Manager your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Key link between engineering and commercial functions.
- Engineering advice and guidance at site or office meetings.
- Understanding sectors of work in the region (contractors / locations / offices).
- Building relationships with key customers and individuals.
- Develop new relationships as and when required.
- Presentations in different formats (in person and virtual)
- Production of temporary works designs and drawings.
- Undertaking checking of designs and drawings.
- Improve MGF brand awareness and personal profile within the region.
- Learn the effective use of MGF internal systems.
- Actively contribute to regional sales meetings.
- Attend Regional Engineering and Design meetings as required.
- Assisting other areas of the business if value can be added.
- Business involvement (framework agreements / CPD accreditation / H&S input).
The ideal candidate will have experience of designing temporary works, ideally excavation support. In addition, being ambitious, self-sufficient, and motivated are requirements. You will be joining a team of six individuals who are pushing the boundaries and continually developing.
The candidate must possess the following:
- Minimum BSc / BEng in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Approx. 2-3 years’ experience in temporary works
- The ability to apply knowledge and experience to temporary works solutions.
- Willingness to apply engineering judgement and take responsibility.
- A sound understanding of legislation such as CDM 2015.
- Working knowledge of Design Software’s (Support IT / CAD PWS)
- CAD / Revit experience
- A professional manner with excellent communication and people skills
The ideal candidate should be close to or have achieved a minimum IEng professional recognition with the ICE / IStructE, however MGF operate an ICE Company Approved Training Scheme and boast an incredible track record in supporting our engineering staff to achieve professional qualifications. The candidate must therefore be keen to complete their professional qualifications from the outset:
The successful candidate will operate from a London based MGF depot (Tring or Dartford). You will be provided with training and a network of individuals to advise including design, commercial, operations and supporting Head Office functions.
MGF Ltd. is a rapidly expanding, a highly innovative and digitally advanced market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of proprietary excavation and structural support systems to the Construction industry. Established in 1981, MGF employ over 400 staff at 14 locations nationwide. We are a highly respected sector leader, well respected for our intelligence, and client focussed approach to delivery of projects. For more information visit www.mgf.ltd.uk
To apply, please submit your CV and salary expectations to Sue McCamley, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post :Sue McCamley
Ashton in Makerfield