The health and wellbeing of our employees, customers, suppliers and the general public continues to be our highest priority
Adopting a responsible approach across all elements of the business, we are working hard to ensure full operational capability in support of the construction industry, as it continues to remain a key industry sector throughout the Covid-19 lockdown. The distribution of our products and services continues to run smoothly across our network of depots to ensure our customers are provided with safe working environments with our usual level of service.
With the announcement of the third lockdown from 5th January 2021, we will continue to place restrictions on people movement and remote working remains for staff as needed and where effective to do so. All our workplaces are Covid-19 Secure following robust safety measure that were implemented during the first lockdown. We are monitoring our people’s health in line with government guidelines and will act immediately to isolate and arrange Covid testing if there is any concern.
We have carefully re-organized our work activities, carrying out detailed risk assessments of working environments and implemented additional safety, hygiene and social distancing measures. The measures we have implemented include:
- Staggered start and finish times to reduce congestion
- Staggered break times and expanded welfare facilities
- Provision of additional hygiene solutions including handwash and cleaning stations
- Enhanced signage and distance marking
- Temperature checks for everyone attending business premises
- Perspex safety screens and workspace barriers in larger office locations
- Cancelling all non-essential visits to our locations and our customers sites
- All meetings conducted remotely over MS Teams or Skype
- Delivery drivers to remain in vehicles where possible
- Additional PPE where required
- Working remotely as needed
- Mental Health First Aiders / Champions and external support is available where required
We continue to monitor the situation daily, particularly in response to any changes in Government advice. Accordingly, we will provide regular updates, particularly following significant changes to policy, as we endeavor to maintain our normal service levels to the industry, whilst protecting people.
The Board of Directors